|SFO Rule: #14: Secular
Franciscans, together with all people of good will, are called
to build a more fraternal and evangelical world so that the kingdom of
God may be brought about more effectively. Mindful that anyone "who
follows Christ, the perfect man, becomes more of a man himself," let
them exercise their responsibilities competently in the Christian
spirit of service.
SECULAR FRANCISCANS, HOW CAN WE BUILD A MORE FRATERNAL AND EVANGELICAL
- We start with the Gospel and
- Humility: Poverty of Spirit
- Faith and Hope: Trust in God
- Love: Respect for others and
- How do we implement these Gospel
in our lives?
- We recognize that our talents
are gifts from God and that we accomplish nothing without Him.
- We rely on prayer and God's
goodness to help us on our way in life.
- We look for the good in
others, even if they are different from us.
- We realize that we are
stewards of God's gifts to us, including our physical being.
- We stand up for what we
- We are nourished by the
presence of God in our brothers and sisters.
- We work with others on
projects which will benefit others even when we receive no praise or
- We are willing to forgive
others and ourselves so that we may heal.
- We use any authority given to
us to seek and implement that which is right and just.